Pārongo mō te Kaupapa here
Review of Development Contributions Policy 2019
Our Development Contributions Policy is updated regularly to account for projected growth, revision to capital budgets and any policy changes responding to the current environment.
Development Contributions Policy 2022
The current Development Contributions Policy became effective from January 2019.
Public consultation on a new Development Contributions Policy took place from 20 September 2021 to 17 October 2021. This new policy has now been adopted will take effect from January 2022.
You can find the latest agendas and committee meeting minutes relating to the new policy on Infocouncil.
The policy update will:
- support growth by collecting contributions to fund infrastructure investment within investment priority areas, which include; the Inner Northwest, City Rail Link stations and Auckland Housing Programme areas (Tāmaki, Mangere, Northcote, Oranga, and Mt Roskill)
- be put in place in stages over the next 15 months
- defer an increase in contributions levels for Drury until June 2022 to give developers more time to get information and make further submissions
- keep the current payment timing, which is six to 12 months after the building consent is granted
- support development of Māori land through Cultural Initiatives Fund grants and exempting not-for-profit development (such as reserves) on Māori land from contributions.
|Development contributions||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/development-contributions||Development contributions||Find out what development contributions are and the types of projects you may need to pay fees for. Use our tool to estimate your contribution fees.||aspx||Building and consents|
|Subdivision of property||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property||Subdivision of property||Find out if you can subdivide your property, the types of subdivision and how to check if you can subdivide your property. ||aspx|
|Development Contributions Policy 2022||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/development-contributions-policy/Pages/development-contributions-policy.aspx||Development Contributions Policy 2022||The Development Contributions Policy 2022 sets contribution charges. ||aspx||Policy|
|Previous development contributions policies||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/development-contributions-policy/Pages/previous-development-contributions-policy.aspx||Previous development contributions policies||See previous development contributions policies.||aspx|
|Apply for a subdivision resource consent||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/Pages/apply-for-subdivision-resource-consent.aspx||Apply for a subdivision resource consent||Find out when you need to apply to subdivide your property and what you should do before you apply. ||aspx||Subdivision resource consent|
|Right of way and land title certification||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/Pages/right-way-certificate.aspx||Right of way and land title certification||Find out about a right of way and other land title certification, what it is, if you need one and how to apply.||aspx||Building and consents|