Types of rates refunds
You may be eligible for a rates refund if:
- your rates rebate has put your account in credit
- you have overpaid your rates account
- your rates have been reduced for the year
- there has been a change in property ownership.
How to request a refund
We will credit all refunds into your bank account.
You must provide your:
- daytime phone number
- property address
- reason for refund
- proof of bank account (scanned bank deposit slip or letter from your bank, screenshot of your internet banking with bank logo or a scanned cheque)
- settlement statement from the solicitor (if the refund request is due to a change of ownership).
Email your request (including the relevant information specified) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we validate your request for refund, it may take seven to ten working days to appear on your bank statement.
How to request a refund of a penalty
If a penalty has been applied to your account, find out if you are eligible for a
remission of property rates penalties.