Important information for loan customers
- We will apply a credit against instalments three and four of your current rates account for the 2020/2021 rating year.
- We will credit any remaining refund against your loan balance.
- If any of the refund amount remains after we have applied the credit(s), you will receive a cash payment.
- Interest on your loan has not been charged since early 2020 but will resume for existing customers (at the correct rate) from 1 July 2021.
- If you still own the property, we will credit your fourth-quarter rates bill.
- We will refund any remaining credit in cash once the current year’s rates are paid in full.
- If you have sold your property, you may be entitled to a refund of all or part of the interest charged while you owned the property.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding this process, contact our Retrofit Your Home team:
09 890 7898
Other options to fund your insulation
Warmer Kiwi Homes
Warmer Kiwi Homes is a government programme offering grants that cover 90 per cent of the cost of:
- ceiling and underfloor insulation
- a heat pump or an efficient wood burner or pellet burner.
You do not need to pay back grants provided by Warmer Kiwi Homes.
Grants for heaters are capped at $3000 inc GST.
For more information, and to find out if you are eligible, see the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority website.
Bank funding options
If you have a mortgage with a New Zealand bank, you may be able to add the cost of insulating your home to your mortgage.
Some banks may agree to waive associated fees or offer discounted interest rates. For more information, see these bank websites: