Whakaitinga utu motuhake (te ōritenga o ngā utunga ā-tau whānui) me ngā reiti kua āta whakaritea hei utu ia tau i runga herenga mea ka reitihia
Remission (reduction) of fixed charges (uniform annual general charges) and targeted rates levied as uniform annual charges on rating units
This scheme promotes fairness in applying fixed charges (uniform annual general charges (UAGC)).
Eligibility and criteria
We may remit (reduce) fixed charges and targeted rates, if:
- you use the rating unit exclusively for vehicle parking in conjunction with a building on a rating unit in the same ownership, where no car parking is available on the main property
- you use the rating unit jointly with one or more units as a single farm or horticultural property, and the group of rating units would otherwise be treated as a single rating unit, except that:
- the units are not strictly adjoining (for example, a farm run-off block)
- the occupier of all the rating units is the same but the occupier does not own all the rating unit
- the rating unit is Māori land used jointly with one or more Māori land units as a single entity, and the group of rating units would otherwise be treated as a single rating unit, except that:
- the units are not strictly contiguous (adjoining)
- the occupier of all the rating units is the same but the occupier does not own all the rating units
- the rating unit is classed by the council in the zero-rated general rates differential category.
When the remission will not apply
The remission will not apply to a:
- separate residential dwelling or business located on the rating unit
- service actually provided to the rating unit.
If you want to claim a remission under the policy, you need to apply in writing or declare and supply evidence to prove that we should grant a remission.
How to apply
Apply in writing and provide:
- detailed information explaining how the property meets the conditions and criteria under this policy, including any relevant evidence
- a daytime contact number, in case we need further information.
Write to us at:
Private Bag 92300
What happens next
We will return incomplete applications.
It takes 20 working days to process your application. You will receive a letter advising the outcome of your application.
|Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/Pages/rates-remission-postponement-policy.aspx||Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||The Rates Remission and Postponement Policy addresses financial assistance and support for ratepayers, as well as anomalies and other schemes. ||aspx||Policy|