Remission (reduction) of fixed charges (uniform annual general charges) and targeted rates levied as uniform annual charges on rating units
Whakaitinga utu motuhake (te ōritenga o ngā utunga ā-tau whānui) me ngā reiti kua āta whakaritea hei utu ia tau i runga herenga mea ka reitihia
This scheme promotes fairness in applying fixed charges (uniform annual general charges (UAGC)).
Eligibility and criteria
We may remit (reduce) fixed charges and targeted rates, if:
- you use the rating unit exclusively for vehicle parking, where no car parking is available on the main property
- you use the rating unit jointly with one or more units as a single farm or horticultural property, and the group of rating units would otherwise be treated as a single rating unit, except that:
- the units are not strictly adjoining (for example, a farm run-off block)
- the occupier of all the rating units is the same but the occupier does not own all the rating unit
- the rating unit is Māori land used jointly with one or more Māori land units as a single entity, and the group of rating units would otherwise be treated as a single rating unit, except that:
- the units are not strictly contiguous (adjoining)
- the occupier of all the rating units is the same but the occupier does not own all the rating units
- we class the rating unit as a remote island that is uninhabitable or cannot be used for any practical use.
When the remission will not apply
The remission will not apply to a:
- separate residential dwelling or business located on the rating unit
- service actually provided to the rating unit.
If you want to claim a remission under the policy, you need to apply in writing or declare and supply evidence to prove that we should grant a remission.
How to apply
Apply in writing and provide:
- detailed information explaining how the property meets the conditions and criteria under this policy, including any relevant evidence
- a daytime contact number, in case we need further information.
Write to us at:
Private Bag 92300
What happens next
We will return incomplete applications.
It takes 20 working days to process your application. You will receive a letter advising the outcome of your application.