Skip to main content

Ngā āwhina whakaaetanga, aroturuki taiao mō te Māori me ōna iwi

Consent, licensing and environmental monitoring support for Māori and iwi

This service provides guidance for iwi and Māori who are applying for resource consents, building consents and licences, or need support with environmental monitoring.

What this service does

This service is run by our Māori Outcomes Team. They provide guidance on timeframes and requirements for regulatory processes such as:

  • resource and building consents
  • environmental monitoring
  • licensing.

Early discussions with us will simplify the process and help you make informed decisions about your application.

Who this service is for

This service provides support for:

  • Ngā iwi o Tāmaki
  • Marae and papakāinga
  • Pākihi Māori
  • Mātāwaka
  • Ngā hapori Māori.

Get support

Email us for help with resource and building consents, environmental monitoring, or licensing.

What to include in your email

  • Your name.
  • The address of the site where you need consent, environmental monitoring or a licence.
  • What you need help with, such as upgrades to a marae or papakāinga, applying for a sub-division or building a minor dwelling.

 Related topics



Consent application service offers and timeframes application service offers and timeframesFind out about how long it takes to process a consent, and about our standard and tailored consent processing services.aspxBuilding and consents
Consents, building and renovation projects, building and renovation projectsResource and building consents, inspections, pools and fencing, renovation projects, and planning zones. Also, information on earthworks, stormwater systems, engineering approvals, working on trees and more. aspxBuilding and consents
Kaupapa Māori MāoriFind out about our specific legislative responsibilities to Māori across many of our functions.aspxOrganisations and bodies
Māori outcomesāori outcomesFind out about Ngā Mātārae (Māori Outcomes Directorate) and Mana whenua - kaitiaki (iwi resource management contacts).aspxOrganisations and bodies
Building consent pre-application guidance consent pre-application guidanceFind out what our building consent pre-application guidance includes, how to request it, and what happens after you do.aspxBuilding and consents
Licences and regulations and regulationsLicences, permits and rules for selling food and alcohol, fundraising, busking, fires, promotions, displays and events. Health and beauty and other businesses. Noise and signs.aspxLicences and regulations consultation