Inspections and on-site BWOF audits
Each year we conduct BWOF inspections and audits on randomly selected buildings.
You may be contacted to undergo an audit if:
- it has been more than five years since your building was last audited
- a BWOF renewal is overdue or where there is a history of BWOF renewals being supplied late
- a building has had no building work done for an extended period of time
- the BWOF and compliance schedule have not been reviewed for an extended period
- your building is being investigated as a dangerous building.
Please note: this is not an exhaustive list.
The owner is liable to pay for the inspection.
For more information, see the MBIE website.