Skip to main content

Ngā herenga pārongo mō ngā mahi Paerewa Taiao ā-Motu e whakaaetia ana

Information requirements for National Environmental Standards permitted activities

​Information you need to send to us

The information we require on National Environmental Standards (NES) permitted activities and the time frame for when you can start your proposal, depends on the activity you are undertaking.

Examples of activity types that may be permitted and include specific information requirements are:

When and how to provide us with information

NES permitted activities have different time frames and requirements for notification.

The NES for freshwater and plantation forestry, both contain information requirements that must be submitted to us before your proposed activity can start. 

See the relevant page to download the correct notification form and find out more about when you need to contact us.

When a permitted activity also needs a resource consent

An activity may be permitted under a NES, but still require a resource consent under the Auckland Unitary Plan (Operative in Part) 2016.

When you check your compliance with the relevant regulatory conditions, ensure you refer to NES regulations, definitions and standards.

There is no other change to the normal resource consent application process.

 Related topics



Resource consents consentsFind information on types of resource consents, how to apply, subdivisions, fees, earthworks, access ways, water permits, road naming, appeals, conditions, ongoing monitoring and more.aspxBuilding and consents
Freshwater management policy and standards management policy and standardsThe Government's recent Essential Freshwater policy introduces new rules and regulations for Auckland and the rest of the country.aspxEnvironment
Notice of undertaking a permitted activity in a plantation forest of undertaking a permitted activity in a plantation forestInformation on the process of submitting a Notice to Undertake a Permitted Activity in a Plantation Forest.aspx
Notice of undertaking a permitted activity related to fish passage affected by structures of undertaking a permitted activity related to fish passage affected by structuresThe National Environmental Standards for Freshwater (NES-F) regulate structures, such as a dam or culvert, that affect the passage of fish within rivers or areas connected by water.aspxEnvironment consultation Building and consents