For more information, contact us and ask for a duty engineer to process your application.
You need to request a separate engineering approval if your proposed connection:
- is public
- crosses into the road corridor
- changes the public stormwater network.
All connections must comply with the Building Act and the Stormwater Code of Practice.
See Types of engineering approvals.
- We will send you a letter stating whether your application has been accepted or declined.
- If your application is accepted, we will send an invoice with the letter. You need to pay the fees before you receive the connection consent.
- Find a registered plumber or drainlayer to do the connection. To find a registered plumber or drainlayer, visit the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board website.
- When the work is complete, we will inspect it to check that it meets all conditions of the connection consent. All connections must follow the Building Act and the Stormwater Code of Practice.