Skip to main content
Council services and closures Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region, learn more.
For the status of council services under covid-19 alert conditions - Learn moreCouncil services and closures

How to order a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)


Urgent LIMs unavailable

We are not currently accepting requests for urgent LIMs due to a system upgrade. We expect this service to be available again from 6 January 2020.

You should know

We will not be issuing LIMs between 23 December 2019 and 5 January 2020.
If you need a standard LIM before 23 December 2019 then you need to order before 9 December 2019.

​LIM fees and timeframes

Read fee table.
Standard LIM - Up to 10 working days (does not include delivery)


Urgent LIM - Up to 3 working days (does not include delivery)


​Courier fees are charged at cost.
Read fee table.

How to order a LIM


Order online

We only accept online applications for this service. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our service centres for assistance in making your online application.

Call us on 09 301 0101 to speak with our building and planning help desk if you have questions regarding your application.

 Related topics



How to order a property file to order a property fileFind out how to order a property file and how much it costs.aspx
Cancel a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)How to cancel a LIM (standard and urgent options).aspx