Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 3

At Alert Level 3: Step 2 you can travel throughout Auckland for exercise and recreation outdoors. Our early childhood centres are open for enrolled children only.

Some customer-facing facilities like service centres and community centres are now open. Essential services continue.

Use the NZ COVID Tracer app, wear a face covering, maintain a 2m physical distance, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick. For information about council services and closures, see the COVID-19 section

Learn more about Auckland Council's response to COVID-19. See OurAuckland

Me pēhea te tono i tētahi Land Information Memorandum (LIM)

How to order a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)


LIM service

We are currently issuing standard LIMs within approximately five working days of an order being submitted.
The Urgent LIM service has now been reinstated.

You should know

We will not be issuing LIMs from 5pm 23 December 2021 to 7 January 2022.

If you need a LIM before 24 December 2021 you need to order before:

  • Tuesday 7 December 2021 for standard LIM
  • Thursday 16 December for urgent LIM.

Any LIM ordered between Thursday 16 December 2021 and 7 January 2022 will only be deemed as being received from Monday 10 January 2022.

LIM delivery format

A LIM digital copy sent via email will expire 28 days after issue date.

​LIM fees and timeframes

Read fee table.
Standard LIM - Up to 10 working days (does not include delivery)$310
Urgent LIM - Up to 3 working days (does not include delivery)$419

How to order a LIM

Order online


We only accept online applications for this service. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our service centres for assistance in making your online application.

Call us on 09 301 0101 if you have questions regarding your application.

 Related topics



What can I do in my zone? can I do in my zone?Find out how to check your property zone and the different activities allowed in your zone. Includes information on different housing zones.aspxPlanning zones
What is a consent and do I need one? is a consent and do I need one?Find out what a resource consent and a building consent are, and how to check if you need one.aspxBuilding consents Resource consents
Cancel a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)How to cancel a LIM (standard and urgent options).aspxLIM
How to order a property file to order a property fileFind out how to order a property file and how much it costs.aspxProperty file
Engage a professional to help with your consent application or project a professional to help with your consent application or project The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) website has information about getting professional help to prepare your resource consent application. aspxResource consents
Project Information Memorandum (PIM) Information Memorandum (PIM)Find out how to order a Project Information Memorandum (PIM) and what it contains.aspxBuilding and consents