This consultation closed on 14 December 2018. Thank you for having your say.
We received more than 90 pieces of feedback on the Waiheke Pathways Plan.
The key themes from the feedback were:
- Waiheke roads are not safe for pedestrians or cyclists, and are getting worse.
- Existing cycleways and shared paths are disconnected, badly built and maintained, and are dangerous.
- Support for a continuous cycleway on both sides of the main road through the island.
- Support for footpath on one side of all feeder roads.
- Support for the plan to be delivered as quickly as possible.
We have used your feedback to identify some quick wins within the plan's recommendations.
The Waiheke Pathways Plan will now go to the Waiheke Local Board for consideration and approval.