Skip to main content
Auckland Council

1. Check if you need a public market licence

You will need a public market licence if:

You will not need a public market licence if:
  • you want to be a stallholder at an existing market - the market will already be approved as a trading site, so discus your options with the market organiser
  • your market is going to be on private land, such as a supermarket car park - you will need permission from the landowner
  • your market will be based at a community hall or facility.

Our tip

Contact us to request a free pre-application meeting with an inspector if you are unsure about your activity.

This may be a phone call, a site visit or a meeting at a council building.