Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Trade from private land, markets or events

To sell food or beverages from private land, you need to:

  • apply for food registration
  • get approval from the event manager or landowner
  • call us on 09 301 0101 and ask for the planning helpdesk to check that your type of activity is allowed from that property.

You do not need a mobile trading licence to trade from private land.

 Related topics



Open a mobile trading business a mobile trading businessCheck if you need a mobile trading licence, find out where you can trade, and apply for your mobile trading licence.Guideaspx
Renew your mobile trading licence your mobile trading licenceRenew your mobile trading licence before it expires.aspx
Trade from public land from public landMeet with us for help finding a site to trade from. To trade from public land, you'll need to find an available site and get approval from us if you want to trade from a park, beach, reserve or a reserve car park.aspx
Transfer a mobile trading licence a mobile trading licenceFind out how to apply to transfer a mobile trading licence.aspx