Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Transfer a mobile trading licence

What you need to transfer a mobile trading licence

If you buy a business with an existing mobile trading licence, you will need to:

  • transfer the licence
  • pay the fee
  • let us know if you intend to make any changes to trading details (e.g. hours).

You can apply to transfer the licence using the licence application form.

Application fee to transfer a mobile trading licence

Choose your main location required
Calculate licence fee

How to transfer a mobile trading licence

 By post

Send your completed application form and supporting documents to:

Auckland Council
Private Bag 92300
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142

 In person

​Bring your completed application form and supporting documents to one of our service centres.

We will contact you within 10 working days to book an inspection of your premises.

We will contact you and the previous owner to confirm the transfer of ownership.

 Related topics



Trade from private land, markets or events from private land, markets or eventsTo sell food or beverages from private land, you need to apply for food registration, get approval from the event manager or landowner, and check with our planning helpdesk that your type of activity is allowed.aspx
Trade from public land from public landMeet with us for help finding a site to trade from. To trade from public land, you'll need to find an available site and get approval from us if you want to trade from a park, beach, reserve or a reserve car park.aspx