Te Ture ā-Rohe Whakahaere me te Whakaiti Tuku Para 2019
Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw 2019
This bylaw helps to manage and minimise rubbish, recycling and compost in Auckland. It includes rules about kerbside collections and requirements for the waste industry, businesses and multi-unit residential properties.
What the Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw does
This bylaw contains rules about:
- what to do with your rubbish and recycling, including kerbside collections, use of donation collection bins and use of public waste bins
- approvals for waste collectors and operators of waste management facilities, resource recovery facilities and donation collection bins, including approval applications and conditions
- composting on premises and at resource recovery facilities
- burial of dead animals on premises a person occupies or owns
- storage and collection areas for waste
- waste management and minimisation plans for trading, event and filming activities in council-controlled public places and certain existing and planned multi-unit developments
- obligations of people and businesses in relation to potential waste from shopping trolleys and unaddressed mail
- controls for the management and minimisation of waste.
What the Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw does not cover
This bylaw does not address:
Get a copy of the Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw and controls
The following detailed operational controls made under the Solid Waste Bylaw 2012 continue under the Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw 2019:
|Rubbish and waste licences||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/rubbish-waste-licences||Rubbish and waste licences||Find out how to apply for a fish cleaning licence, a rubbish collecting licence, a stock salesyard licence, a transfer station licence or a septic tank depot licence. ||aspx||Rubbish, waste and offensive trades licences|
|Ways to reduce your waste||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/ways-reduce-waste||Ways to reduce your waste||Learn the different ways you can contribute to waste minimisation.||aspx||Reducing waste|
|Rubbish dumping and littering||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/rubbish-dumping-littering||Rubbish dumping and littering||Learn about illegal rubbish dumping and littering and how to report it.||aspx||Dumping and littering|
|What you can put in your rubbish||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/bin-requests/Pages/what-put-your-rubbish.aspx||What you can put in your rubbish||Find out what items are accepted and not accepted in your rubbish collection.||aspx||Rubbish|
|Waste minimisation programmes||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/what-you-can-do-for-environment/join-community-programme/Pages/waste-free-programmes.aspx||Waste minimisation programmes||Learn about waste free programmes and groups from around the region.||aspx||Volunteering|
|Reduce your food scraps and garden waste||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/ways-reduce-waste/Pages/reduce-food-garden-waste.aspx||Reduce your food scraps and garden waste||Learn how to minimise food scraps and garden waste.||aspx||Reducing waste|
Is the information on this page helpful?
To ask for help or report a problem with our services or facilities, contact us.