Mahere ā-Rohe Whakakotahi o Manurewa, Takanini me Papakura
Manurewa Takanini Papakura Integrated Area Plan
This integrated area plan outlines an urban vision for Manurewa, Takanini and Papakura over the next 30 years.
What the Manurewa Takanini Papakura Integrated Area Plan does
This plan reinforces the area's role as the gateway to the south, while protecting and improving each centre.
Five key ideas guide the transformation:
- Protect our future.
- Love your centre.
- Celebrate the story.
- Make way for the people.
- A voice for youth.
Progress on delivering the Integrated Area Plan
The plan is a 30-year strategic document with a range of short and long-term goals.
We have made progress on the implementation of actions since the Manurewa Takanini Papakura Integrated Area Plan's was adopted by both the Manurewa and Papakura Local Boards in 2017.
Key areas of progress include:
- delivery of transport
- water quality improvements
- community projects.
The work carried out by both the Manurewa Town Centre Revitalisation Steering Group and Papakura Commercial Project Group continues to have an influence on actions within the integrated area plan.
Other actions may be enabled through the council's empowered communities approach and by other departments at a local level.
We are working on a number of actions, such as:
- ongoing Manukau Harbour and stream restorations
- delivery of more local community initiatives and events
- advanced 'Supporting Growth Programme' projects
- progressing the council's Greenways Plan
- building stronger ties between the Manurewa Town Centre, Nathan Homestead, and Auckland Botanical Gardens
- advancing work on a community safety plan for the Takanini residential area
- managing effective parking around the Papakura town centre
- advocating for growth in key development areas
- delivering a heritage trail.
We will monitor the plan and refresh content so it remains relevant to the vision for the area.
Get a copy of the plan