What the Auckland Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan does
The Auckland Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan (ASARSAP) sets out:
- a common vision for improving sport and recreation across Auckland
- the actions that must be taken to achieve this vision
- the role the council and other organisations will play.
Implementation of the Auckland Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan
Implementation of ASARSAP will be carried out by the sport and recreation sector, including:
- Sport New Zealand
- national and regional recreation and sport organisations
- local regional sports trusts
- Aktive - Auckland Sport and Recreation
- iwi and Māori organisations
- Auckland Council
- tertiary institutes and schools
- local groups and clubs
- government agencies and ministries.
The aim of the Auckland Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan
The aim of this plan is to get Aucklanders more active, more often. The plan has four priority areas:
- Participation – Get more Aucklanders living physically active lives through participation.
- Infrastructure – Develop access to open spaces and harbours, coastlines and waterways and a fit for purpose network of facilities to encourage physical activity, recreation and sport.
- Excellence in recreation and sport – Help to build pride in the region's recreation and sporting achievements, nurture talent, and celebrate excellence.
- Sector development – Have a sports and recreation sector that is strong and capable enough to deliver quality sport and recreation experiences in a sustainable way.
Get a copy of the Auckland Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan