About the notice of requirement
Notice of requirement lodged by Auckland Transport for a new multi-modal bridge crossing of the North Island Main Trunk (NIMT) railway at Walters Road.
The Takaanini Level Crossings (TLC) Project involves two new notices of requirement for designations given by Auckland Transport for the construction, operation, maintenance and upgrade of the following grade-separated crossings of the North Island Main Trunk (NIMT) railway in Takaanini:
- A new multi-modal bridge over the railway at Manuia Road;
- New multi-modal bridges to replace existing level crossings at Taka Street and Walters Road; and
- New active mode bridges to replace existing level crossings at Spartan Road and Manuroa Road.
- These notices of requirement authorise works to:
- Provide a new bridge over the rail line at Manuia Road, accommodating all transport modes, with a particular focus on providing for heavy vehicles accessing the industrial area
- Replace current level crossings at Taka Street and Walters Road with new bridges accommodating all transport modes
- Replace existing Spartan Road and Manuroa Road level crossings with new bridges for active modes (ie walking and cycling facilities).
The existing NIMT level crossings at Spartan Road, Manuroa Road, Taka Street and Walters Road will be closed and replaced by these crossings once constructed and operational.
Lodged on 13 October 2023.
Notified on 16 November 2023.
Submissions close Midnight 14 December 2023.
Hearings - For more information, see the Hearing Documents.
Information on all supporting growth projects see Supporting Growth Programme
Friend of Submitter
We understand that RMA processes can be a little daunting, so we have appointed a 'Friend of Submitter' who is an independent advisor to help submitters. The Friend of the Submitter can help explain the process, advise you on how to participate in the process, how to express your views, and what to do after lodging your submission.
This service is available throughout the submission period and in the lead-up to the hearing. There is no cost for this service.
Friend of Submitter drop-in sessions are available at the below locations.
Takaanini Community Hub
- Saturday 25th November – Te Wao Nui a Taane room (10am – 1pm)
- Monday 4th December – Te Wao Nui a Taane room (4pm-7pm)
- Monday 27th November - Manurewa Library quiet room (4pm – 7pm)
- Saturday 9th December – Manurewa Library Community room (9am – 12pm)
You can contact the Friend of Submitter at FOTS@tcec.co.nz or 09 836 1804 (during office hours only).
Notice of requirement documents
Request for further information
How to view your property