About the notice of requirement
NoR lodged by Waka Kotahi to alter Designation 6707, to provide for widening the existing State Highway 22 from State Highway 1 (SH1) to Oira Creek to a four lane arterial with active transport facilities.
Project D1 in Drury Arterials Network package lodged by Te Tupu Ngātahi Supporting Growth Alliance. Please refer to Part D of the Assessment of Effects on the Environment.
The key features of the proposed upgrade include:
- Widening of SH22 road corridor from its current general width of 20m to enable a 30m wide four-lane road with separated active transport facilities
- Localised widening around the existing intersections to accommodate for vehicle queuing and tie-ins and active transport facilities/crossings
- Demolition and reconstruction of the existing Ngakoroa Stream Bridge
- New and extended culverts
- Three stormwater wetlands
- Batter slopes and retaining to enable widening of the corridor, and associated cut and fill activities (noting the indicative design of these are based on the existing land form and urban development adjoining these areas may change the work requirements).
- Vegetation removal along the existing road corridor
- Areas for construction related activities including site compounds, construction laydown, bridge works area, the re-grade of driveways and construction traffic manoeuvring.
The works described for the Projects could be carried out in stages as urban development occurs surrounding the Project area.
Lodged: 28 January 2021.
Notice of requirement documents