What the project is about
We are upgrading Greenslade Reserve by lowering the level of the sports field and improving the stormwater network by replacing underground stormwater pipes.
This upgrade will:
- improve water quality and drainage
- reduce the risk of flooding in the Northcote town centre and surrounding area
- enable the sports field and amenities to be upgraded for community use
- create an urban wetland and connect the community to its natural environment.
Who is behind the project
We are working with Panuku to redevelop the park. This project is part of the
Unlock Northcote Awataha Greenway plan.
Work starts in January 2020 and is due to be completed by May 2021.
Physical works were to start earlier but were pushed back to keep field open for the rugby league season.
Working hours will be 7.30am-5pm, Monday to Saturday.
Some work outside these hours may be required, but we will notify residents if they are likely to be affected.
We will keep noise levels and truck movements within acceptable limits.
Access to the area
- Greenslade Reserve will be closed from January 2020 to May 2020 when construction starts on the pipeline, daylighting pipes, and wetland.
- Access will be open to the reserve between construction stages from May 2020 to October 2020.
- Earthworks to lower the field and further enhancements are expected to start in October 2020 through to May 2021.
If you have any questions about this project, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what's happening in Northcote, visit the Northcote Development website.