What the project is about
We are upgrading Greenslade Reserve by lowering the level of the sports field and improving the stormwater network by replacing underground stormwater pipes.
This upgrade will:
- allow the network to catch water during heavy rainfall
- improve water quality and drainage
- reduce the risk of flooding in the Northcote town centre and surrounding area
- enable the sports field and amenities to be upgraded for community use
- create an urban wetland and connect the community to its natural environment.
Who is behind the project
We are working with Panuku to redevelop the park. This project is part of the Unlock Northcote Awataha Greenway plan.
We plan to begin works in October 2019 and to complete most of the work by April 2020.
Working hours will be 7.30am-5pm, Monday to Saturday.
Some work outside these hours may be required, but we will notify residents if they are likely to be affected.
We will keep noise levels and truck movements within acceptable limits.
Access to the area
During construction there will be no access to Greenslade Reserve.
We are working on an alternative footpath for temporary public access from Lake Road to Greenslade Crescent. This will be available closer to the construction start date.
If you have any questions about this project, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what's happening in Northcote, visit the Northcote Development website.