Changes in property rates for 2018-2019 rating year
Panoninga pire reiti mō tēnei tau
Sunday 1 July 2018 was the start of the 2018-2019 rating year.
Summary of main changes in property rates
The general rates increased by an average of 2.5 per cent and the Uniform Annual General Charge increased from $404 to $414.
We are also introducing some new targeted rates and discontinuing the Interim Transport Levy (previously charged as part of your rates).
10-year budget and Annual budget
As part of the 10-year budget process we consulted with the community about how property rates should be spent in your community.
After considering the community's feedback, we agreed to:
- pay for transport infrastructure by introducing a regional fuel tax of 10 cents per litre (plus GST)
- clean up Auckland's waterways and beaches with increased investment of $452 million in stormwater infrastructure by introducing a water quality targeted rate
- fund increased pest and disease control by introducing a natural environment targeted rate to raise $311 million
- apply business rates and the accommodation provider targeted rate to properties rented short-term via sites like Airbnb or Bookabach, depending on the number of nights booked and other factors
- establish a $120 million sports and recreation facilities investment fund
- establish a $40 million climate change response find and add $90 million capital expenditure funding for coastal asset management
- increase funding to our co-governance entities, and some of our many community organisations, at both a regional and local level
- remove legacy rates remission and postponement schemes (schemes carried over from previous councils) and to provide a transitional rates grant to existing recipients of these schemes for three years.
For a more detailed summary of the agreed annual budget outcomes, see the 10-year Budget 2018-2028.
|Your property rates bill||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/your-rates-bill||Your property rates bill||Find out what your property rates are made up of and what they pay for.||aspx|
|Ways to pay your property rates||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/ways-to-pay-your-rates||Ways to pay your property rates||Read about the different ways to pay your property rates.||aspx|
|Due dates for property rates payments||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/Pages/due-dates-rates-payments.aspx||Due dates for property rates payments||Find out when your property rates are due. Read about part payments and penalties.||aspx|
|Find your property rates or valuation||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/Pages/find-property-rates-valuation.aspx||Find your property rates or valuation||Check the details of your property rates and valuation. ||aspx|