Panoninga pire reiti mō tēnei tau
Changes in property rates for 2020-2021 rating year
Wednesday 1 July 2020 was the start of the 2020-2021 rating year.
Summary of main changes in property rates
The Emergency Budget 2020/2021 includes the following rates decisions for 2020/2021:
- An average general rates increase of 3.5 per cent.
- An increase to the Uniform Annual General Charge from $424 to $439 (3.5 per cent).
- Continuation in the reduction in the business differential.
We have also made the following changes to rates for 2020/2021:
Help for ratepayers affected by COVID-19
Waste management targeted rates changes
- The base waste management targeted rate has increased to $141.03 (incl. GST).
- The waste management standard refuse rate in former Auckland City and Manukau City areas will be increased to $141.60.
Water and wastewater targeted rates changes
- The Waitākere rural sewerage service for ratepayers in the Waitākere Ranges Local Board area has been retained. The targeted rate will increase to fully recover the cost of the service from July 2021.
- The Waitākere rural sewerage service and targeted rate for ratepayers in the Henderson-Massey Local Board and Upper Harbour Local Board areas will be discontinued from 1 July 2021.
- A Clevedon wastewater and water targeted rate for those ratepayers who want to connect to the water and wastewater supply has been introduced.
See Managing wastewater on your property for more information.
Building and retrofitting changes
- An annual swimming pool fencing inspection targeted rate of $44 (incl. GST) has been introduced. This will replace the three yearly inspection fee of $130 (incl. GST).
- All applications for the Retrofit Your Home scheme greater than $2000 are required to have a mandatory Home Fit assessment. The cost ($260 plus GST) will be recovered through the targeted rate.
Business improvement targeted rates changes
- A new targeted rate for one Warkworth Business Improvement District and Central Park Henderson Business Improvement District has been introduced.
- The targeted rate area for Manukau Central Business Improvement District has been expanded.
See Business Improvement District Programme for more information.
|Ways to pay your property rates||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/ways-to-pay-your-rates||Ways to pay your property rates||Read about the different ways to pay your property rates.||aspx|
|Emergency Budget 2020/2021 (annual plan)||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-plans-strategies/budget-plans/emergency-budget-2020-2021||Emergency Budget 2020/2021 (annual plan)||Read the summary of our Emergency Budget 2020/2021 and find out on what and how the money will be spent, the impact of COVID-19 and drought on our revenue, and what our challenges and areas of focus are for this year.||aspx|
|Due dates for property rates payments||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/Pages/due-dates-rates-payments.aspx||Due dates for property rates payments||Find out when your property rates are due. Read about part payments and penalties.||aspx|
|Find your property rates or valuation||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/Pages/find-property-rates-valuation.aspx||Find your property rates or valuation||Check the details of your property rates and valuation. ||aspx|