Skip to main content

Tono tiwhikete wāhanga 224c (wāwāhi whenua)

Apply for section 224c certificate (subdivision)

One of the last steps in the subdivision process is applying for a section 224c (s224c) certificate.

​What an s224c certificate does

An s224c certificate from Auckland Council confirms that a survey plan has been approved under s223 for the subdivision, and that all subdivision conditions have been met.

You need an s224c certificate to request a Record of Title from Land Information New Zealand.

When to apply for an s224c certificate

You should apply for an s224c certificate towards the end of the subdivision process, once the survey plan is approved and all physical works have been completed.

When applying, you must demonstrate that you have met all conditions of your subdivision consent.

For a full view of the subdivision application process, see apply for a subdivision resource consent.

How to apply online for an s224c certificate

We only accept online applications for an s224c certificate. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our libraries with council services for assistance in making your online application.

See Ways to pay online for information on all payment options.

​Apply now

If there is no way to provide digital copies of your plans or documents, visit one of our libraries with council services. Our staff will accept your documents for an additional charge. The charge covers costs involved with us scanning your documents into our digital consent system.

Call us on 09 301 0101 to speak with our building and planning help desk if you have questions regarding your application.

​Application processing

Due to the processes involved in issuing the section 224c certificate, we cannot give an estimated timeframe.

 Related topics



Consider stormwater when building stormwater when buildingIf you are doing any sort of development, one of the factors you need to consider is stormwater. Find out what you need to know about stormwater before you begin.aspxStormwater
Development contributions contributionsFind out what development contributions are and the types of projects you may need to pay fees for. Use our tool to estimate your contribution fees.aspxBuilding and consents
Check if you can subdivide your property if you can subdivide your propertyWhere to start and things to consider if you are thinking about subdividing your property.aspxSubdivision resource consent
Cross-lease properties properties Find out what your rights and constraints are if your property has a cross-lease title. aspxSubdivision resource consent
Driveways, vehicle crossings and access standards, vehicle crossings and access standardsRequirements for vehicle and pedestrian access to private property from the road. Includes information on vehicle crossings, access to rear sites, minimum vehicle access widths and more.aspxSubdivision resource consent
Right of way and land title certification of way and land title certificationFind out about a right of way and other land title certification, what it is, if you need one and how to apply.aspxBuilding and consents