Skip to main content

Te unu i tētahi tono (kore tautuku) i tētahi Land Information Memorandum (LIM)

Removing a requisition (non-compliance) from a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)

One of the most important items to look for on a LIM report is a requisition - an item of non-compliance affecting the land or buildings.

Requisitions (non-compliance) on LIM reports

Requisitions are recorded requests to take action to remedy a land or building issue that is currently not compliant to regulations.

This could involve a building, plumbing/drainage, resource consents, historic land uses, contamination or any other item deemed relevant.

Requisitions on a LIM need to be addressed and will remain on the report until resolved and compliance has been obtained.

An unresolved requisition could block the sale of a property.

Removing a requisition

A requisition will only be removed once related compliance requirements noted on the LIM report have been completed to our satisfaction.

To start the process of removing a requisition, call our contact centre on 09 301 0101 or email:

Your request will be allocated to the team responsible and someone will contact you and supply further information on how to remove the requisition.

Once the building or land issue has been resolved to our satisfaction, there is a fee to remove the requisition and an invoice will be sent to you.

If the matter needing resolution is complex, further fees may apply, however you will be notified beforehand if this is the case.

Once all related invoices have been paid, the requisition will be removed from the LIM.


 Related topics



Building consents consentsInformation on building consents, including; how to apply, fees, certificates you need, changing a consent, checklists, appeals, producer statements, CCC, licensed building practitioners and more.aspxBuilding and consents
Resource consents consentsFind information on types of resource consents, how to apply, subdivisions, fees, earthworks, access ways, water permits, road naming, appeals, conditions, ongoing monitoring and more.aspxBuilding and consents
Leaky buildings buildingsCarry out a pre-purchase inspection to assess the risk of buying a house with weathertightness issues (leaky building).aspxWeathertightness
What can I do in my zone? can I do in my zone?Find out how to check your property zone and the different activities allowed in your zone. Includes information on different housing zones.aspxPlanning zones
Order a custom resource consent report a custom resource consent reportFind out how to order a custom resource consent report written to your specifications.aspxBuilding and consents Resource consents