Skip to main content
Water restrictions Restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions

Missing, dislodged or damaged manhole cover

Taupoki oru kua ngaro, kua makere, kua pakaru rānei

​Report issues with public manholes

Contact us urgently on 09 301 0101 if you notice any missing, dislodged or damaged:

  • catchpits
  • grates and grilles
  • manhole covers.

We treat these issues as a serious risk to public safety.

Maintain private manholes

You are responsible for maintaining private manholes and manhole covers on your property.

See Who maintains stormwater pipes and drains.

Report issues with wastewater manholes

Contact Watercare Services to report issues with wastewater manholes.

 Related topics



Stormwater and waterway projects and waterway projectsThrough improvement projects on our stormwater network and waterways, we try to minimise flood risks, manage stormwater and prevent water contamination. aspx
How we manage stormwater we manage stormwaterWe manage stormwater as it flows through public and private pipes, drains, streams and channels to reduce flooding and prevent the pollution of our waters. aspx