Skip to main content
Water restrictions Restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions

2. What you need to apply for a manager's certificate

Before you apply for a manager's certificate, you'll need to have a Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ) certificate. See the Service IQ website  for more information.

You must be employed in or about to start work in the industry.

To apply you will need:

  • the original application form
  • a copy of photo identification
  • a copy of your LCQ certificate
  • a copy of your LCQ Bridging Test certificate (if applicable)
  • recent experience controlling a licensed business
  • a letter from your employer or your club, confirming that you are employed there (if currently employed at a licensed business).

Under the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority, you must also be able to speak English well enough to be able to hold a conversation with the alcohol licensing inspector that conducts your interview.