Skip to main content
Category 2P mitigations to be funded
More We have agreed to provide funding to Category 2P homeowners affected by the severe weather events in early 2023, to help them mitigate future risk to life at their property. Learn moreCategory 2P mitigations to be funded

1. What you need to change conditions of your alcohol business

​If you want to change a condition of your existing licence before your next renewal, you can apply for a variation of conditions on your licence.

Examples of changes to your licence could include:

  • extending your licensed hours
  • adding an outdoor area
  • increasing the size of your licensed area
  • changing from a restaurant to a tavern.

You will need:

  • the completed application form    
  • a copy of your new planning and building certificates (if required)
  • any information that may be different to the information provided with the original application
  • a copy of your existing licence.

You will then need to notify the public of the changes to your original application.

For more information on how to do this, see Notify the public of your alcohol licence application.