Skip to main content

Start a food truck

Tīmata i tētahi taraka hoko kai

​This guide pulls together a list of the licences you need to start a food truck or coffee cart.

Think about where you plan to trade and meet with us before you apply.

Get your food registration first.

Our tip

If you plan to sell from your food truck in a park you need to request approval.



Apply for food registrationGuide to applying for food registration and choosing the food plan that suits your business.GuideaspxFood Alcohol



Open a mobile trading businessCheck if you need a mobile trading licence, find out where you can trade, and apply for your mobile trading licence.GuideaspxMobile trading licence