About the plan
Increasing Aucklanders' Participation in Sport is our response to the changing sport preferences of the increasingly diverse and growing population of Auckland.
Our aim is to make Aucklanders more active, more often.
The plan will:
- increase participation in sport by targeting communities who have the greatest need and addressing disparities
- deliver a broad range of sport programmes, services and facilities that respond to the diverse needs of Auckland’s communities
- address population growth and changing sport preferences through regular assessments of, and changes to, sport programmes, services and facilities to maximise sport participation.
Getting feedback on the plan
We asked Aucklanders to have their say on the plan between 18 March and 8 April 2019. We received feedback on:
- the plan's objectives
- the key shifts in future sport investment
- the focus on equity by targeting communities of greatest needs
- the investment principles.
The feedback influenced the final adopted version of the plan. See
Draft Sports Investment Plan for more information on the consultation process and the feedback we received.
Get a copy of the plan