What the Parks and Open Spaces Strategic Action Plan does
The Parks and Open Spaces Strategic Action Plan 2013 sets out a ten-year direction for Auckland's parks and open spaces.
The plan outlines what our priorities and actions are for parks and open spaces up to 2023. It contributes to the outcomes of The Auckland Plan.
Importance of the Parks and Open Spaces Strategic Action Plan
Our parks and open spaces play a big role in how Auckland looks and feels.
They contribute to making Auckland the world's most liveable city. They provide opportunities for us to:
- express our culture and heritage
- get active and stay fit through sports and recreation
- gather together as a community through events and festivals.
- link the city together, helping people get to their destination
- take care of our environment and enhance our native biodiversity.
The Parks and Open Spaces Strategic Action Plan focuses on protecting and improving our parks and opens spaces.
It ensures that we maximise the social, economic and environmental benefits that they deliver.
Get a copy of the Parks and Open Spaces Strategic Action Plan