Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 3

At Alert Level 3: Step 1 you can travel throughout Auckland for exercise and recreation outdoors. Our early childhood centres are open for enrolled children only.

Customer-facing facilities like leisure centres, community venues, customer service centres and libraries will remain closed until further notice. Essential services will continue.

Wear a face covering, use the NZ COVID Tracer app, maintain a 2m physical distance, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick.

For the information about council services and closures, visit the COVID-19 section

To learn more about Auckland Council's response to COVID-19, visit OurAuckland


Water restrictions in Auckland - Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn more

Rēhita mō te pōti

Enrol to vote

Why you should enrol to vote

If you love Auckland and want to shape the future of the region, make sure you are enrolled to vote.

Enrolling to vote means you can have a say on the people who will make decisions on your behalf on what happens in your community.

How to enrol to vote

Resident ratepayer electoral roll

If you are an Auckland resident and already enrolled on the parliamentary electoral roll for the general election, you are automatically enrolled to vote in the 2019 Auckland Council elections - as long as you do not change address within that time.

If you are not on the parliamentary electoral roll in the Auckland region and want to enrol, or if you're not sure if you're enrolled and want to check, visit the Electoral Commission website or call 0800 36 76 56.

Non-resident ratepayer electoral roll or ratepayer elector

If you pay rates on a property in a different area to where you live, you may be eligible to enrol on the non-resident ratepayer electoral roll.

A company or society that pays property rates can also qualify as a ratepayer elector.

To enquire in either of these instances, call the Electoral Office on 0800 922 822.

​Update your details

If you have any queries, or if you move house and you need to update your enrolment details, visit the Electoral Commission website or phone 0800 36 76 56.

 Related topics



Information for voters for votersFind out everything you need to know to vote in our local body elections.aspx