Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 1 Visitors to our buildings should check in using the NZ COVID Tracer app or register manually.
For the current status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 Alert Level 1
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

Apply for an alcohol temporary authority

Tono mana tokonga waipiro wā poto noa

What is an alcohol temporary authority?

If you are taking over a business that already has a current alcohol licence, you can apply for a temporary authority.

Temporary authority allows you to sell and supply alcohol for up to three months under the existing terms and conditions of the current licence. This gives you time to lodge a new application.

We can't transfer an alcohol licence to a new owner.

We can't issue a temporary authority to a club.