Skip to main content

COVID-19 information - To learn about Auckland Council’s response to COVID-19 visit OurAuckland

Water restrictions in Auckland - Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn more

1. What you need to apply for an alcohol temporary authority

  • ​A completed copy of the application form.
  • A copy of the sale and purchase agreement or lease agreement.
  • A copy of the existing licence.
  • Details of your duty managers and copies of their managers' certificates.
  • A letter of authorisation for the consultant, if you are using a licensing consultant.

You should know

For an on-licence business site, you will need to supply food for customers. This means that you will also need to transfer the existing food business registration.