Skip to main content
Auckland Council
Water conservation efforts
More How we are reducing water usage across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater conservation efforts

1. Check if you need a consent to open a brothel

  • Check with one of our planning officers if you can operate a business at the address. Some city areas are zoned to prevent commercial activity. Planners will advise about operating requirements, including parking and lighting.
  • You will need a building consent if you are building a new business site or altering an existing building. Examples of the work that requires building consent include building and plumbing alterations, partitions and ventilation.

Contact us to discuss your plans.