Skip to main content

3. Standards and requirements for opening a new brothel or commercial sex business

You must comply with minimum standards of Health and Hygiene Bylaw 2013 for commercial sexual services.


These standards ensure you offer services in a safe and hygienic manner.

For more information see:

Depending on your business plans, you may also need an alcohol licence and a food registration

How to complain about a brothel or commercial sex business

We can regulate the location of brothels and control advertising signage for commercial sex services through planning requirements and bylaws.

Contact us to report a problem.