Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 1 Visitors to our buildings should check in using the NZ COVID Tracer app or register manually.
For the current status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 Alert Level 1
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

2. What you need to apply for a property rates rebate

  • Your rates notice for the current rating year.
  • Copies of statements of all types of income received for year ended 31 March 2019, for you and your partner or joint homeowner:
    • wages or salary
    • Work and Income benefits
    • Work and Income supplements (e.g. accommodation supplement)
    • personal superannuation
    • interest or dividends
    • overseas income (converted to New Zealand dollars)
    • rental income
    • trust income
    • ACC earnings compensation
    • any other income.
  • If you are self-employed, provide a statement which shows how your net profit was calculated (gross income less your expenses). You or your accountant can prepare this. Your statement must list all your expenses.
  • Proof of interest received - contact your bank and request a Resident Withholding Certificate (RWT) for the period 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020.
  • Owner-occupier rates rebate declaration form - if you are an owner of an owner-occupier house or flat.

For more information, or if you are having trouble filling out the application form, call us on 09 301 0101 or visit one of our service centres.