Apply for Licence to Occupy (LTO) rates remission
Tono mō te Raihana Kainoho (LTO) kāinga whakatānga
What you need to apply for a LTO remission
You will need your financial information for the year 1 April to 31 March the following year.
Your application should include combined household income, including:
- WINZ benefits
- personal superannuation
- interest and dividends
- overseas income (converted to New Zealand dollars)
- net profit before tax from any business - enter nil if you sustained a loss
- rental income - enter nil if you sustained a loss
- trust income paid to you
- wages or salary.
All the information you provide on the application is accepted as true and correct by Auckland Council.
How to apply for a LTO remission
All retirement villages and Papakāinga housing which have signed up for the scheme will provide application forms to their residents.
Complete the LTO remission application form.
Contact us on 09 301 0101 to discuss your application or to request an application form.
Return your completed application by:
Send your competed LTO remission application form, along with supporting documents, to:
Private Bag 92300
You can bring your completed LTO remission application form, along with supporting documents, to one of our service centres
What happens next
- We will return incomplete applications.
- We will accept only one application per unit or apartment.
- Applications close on 30 June and we cannot accept them after this date.
It takes 20 working days to process your application. You will receive a letter advising the outcome of your application.
We apply the remission to the rates of the retirement village where the applicant resides. The village then passes the rates remission to the resident.