Papakāinga Licence to Occupy (LTO) property rates remission
Whakaiti reiti nā te āhei a te Raihana Kainoho (LTO) ā-Whenua
Residents of Papakāinga housing who would otherwise qualify for a property rates rebate, but who occupy their property under a licence to occupy agreement, should check their eligibility for this remission.
Eligibility and criteria for a LTO remission
To be eligible for a LTO remission, you must:
- be a resident of Papakāinga housing under a LTO agreement
- live in a unit or apartment that is a separately used or inhabited part of the Papakāinga housing to which a separate uniform annual general charge is applied
- live in a Papakāinga housing that has entered into an agreement with us to:
- identify the rates for applicants to the scheme
- pass the full benefit of any rates remission granted under this scheme to the successful or applicant
- have lived on the property at the beginning of the rating year (1 July)
- be an individual, not an organisation or trust.
Granting of a LTO remission
Granting a remission will depend on:
- your gross household income, including any overseas income
- the share of Auckland Council rates you pay to the Papakāinga housing in which you reside
- the maximum rebate threshold limits set by central government. (These thresholds will be automatically updated each year.)
If you are successful in your application, you will receive a remission of $414.
This is the equivalent to one Uniform Annual General Charge.
|Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/Pages/rates-remission-postponement-policy.aspx||Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||The Rates Remission and Postponement Policy addresses financial assistance and support for ratepayers, as well as anomalies and other schemes. ||aspx|
|Apply for Licence to Occupy (LTO) rates remission||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/help-low-income-households-community-groups/rates-remission-licence-occupy-eligibility/Pages/apply-licence-occupy-retirement-villages.aspx||Apply for Licence to Occupy (LTO) rates remission||How to apply for a LTO rates remission.||aspx|