Licence to Occupy (LTO) property rates remission
Whakaiti reiti nā te āhei a te Raihana Kainoho (LTO) ā-Whenua
Residents of retirement villages or Papakāinga housing who would otherwise qualify for a property rates rebate, but who occupy their property under a LTO agreement, should check their eligibility for this remission.
Eligibility and criteria for a LTO remission
To be eligible for a LTO remission, you must:
- be a resident of a retirement village or Papakāinga housing under a LTO agreement
- live in a unit or apartment that is a separately used or inhabited part of the retirement village or Papakāinga housing to which a separate uniform annual general charge and transport levy is applied
- live in a retirement village or Papakāinga housing that has entered into an agreement with us to:
- identify the rates for applicants to the scheme
- pass the full benefit of any rates remission granted under this scheme to the successful or applicant
- have lived on the property at the beginning of the rating year (1 July)
- be an individual, not an organisation or trust.
Granting of a LTO remission
Granting a remission will depend on:
- your gross household income, including any overseas income
- the share of Auckland Council rates you pay to the retirement village or Papakāinga housing in which you reside
- the maximum rebate and threshold limits.
The “license to occupy” within a retirement village or Papakāinga housing remission is automatically updated with new thresholds each year.
If you are successful in your application, you will receive a remission of $395, which is equivalent to one Uniform Annual General Charge (UAGC), and the residential targeted rate transport levy of $113.85.
|Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/Pages/rates-remission-postponement-policy.aspx||Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||The Rates Remission and Postponement Policy addresses financial assistance and support for ratepayers, as well as anomalies and other schemes. ||aspx|
|Apply for Licence to Occupy (LTO) retirement villages ||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/help-low-income-households-community-groups/rates-remission-licence-occupy-eligibility/Pages/apply-licence-occupy-retirement-villages.aspx||Apply for Licence to Occupy (LTO) retirement villages ||How to apply for a rates remission for licence to occupy retirement villages or Papakāinga housing residents.||aspx|