Former Manukau City Council postponement of rates payments for sports clubs
Whakatārewa reiti a te Kaunihera o te Tāone Nui o Manukau o mua mā ngā karapu hākinakina
The purpose of the policy is to provide relief to sports clubs, where the rateable value of land that is owned and used by a recognised sports club for sports, is significantly attributable to potential residential development or subdivision.
Conditions and criteria
- For the purposes of this postponement:
To be eligible for this postponement, the land must:
- "sports" means any organised outdoor sport but excludes horse or dog racing of any kind and "sporting" has a corresponding meaning
- "land" means land not less than 5ha and zoned main residential, residential settlement serviced, residential settlement unserviced, residential heritage 1, residential heritage 2, residential heritage 3, residential heritage 4, residential heritage 5, residential heritage 6, residential heritage 7, residential heritage 8 in terms of the Manukau City operative District Plan 2002 as at 1 January 2003.
You must supply a written application meeting the criteria set out in clause 2, and upon payment of a fee, we will determine a rates postponement value.The rates postponement value is determined:
- have been developed for sporting purposes prior to 1 January 2003
- continues to be used solely for sporting purposes since 1 January 2003.
You cannot object to the rates postponement value determined under clause 3(a) and (b), unless it is proved that the rates postponement value is not in keeping with existing District Valuation roll values for comparable rating units (used for sporting purposes) within the district of the previous Manukau City Council, having no potential value for non-sporting development. Where a rates postponement value has been determined, the payment of rates will be deemed to have been postponed to the extent specified in clause 7 of this policy.All rates whose payment has been postponed under the policy will become due and payable immediately:
- excluding any potential value that, at the date of valuation, the rating unit may have for non-sporting uses
- by comparing parcels of land within the district of the previous Manukau City Council used for sporting purposes, and valuing them in the same way.
However, we may decide to remit (reduce) part or all of the rates postponed in any particular case where we consider it just and equitable to do so. The postponement will generally apply from the beginning of the rating period in which the rate postponement value is determined but may, at our discretion, be backdated to 1 July 2006. Postponed rates will be registered as a statutory land charge on the title of the rating unit. We will add a postponement fee to the postponed rates for the period between the due date and the date they are paid. This fee will will cover our administration and financial costs. The postponement fee is added under clause 11 and will be an annual interest rate set by us.
- on the rating unit ceasing to be used for sporting purposes
- where you no longer own the rating unit or use the rating unit for any purpose other than the giving of security for funds intended to be used for the further development of the rating unit for sporting purposes
- where the rating unit or part of the rating unit is developed for any purpose other than sports.
How to apply
Call us on 09 301 0101 if you have any questions.
Write to us at:
Auckland Council Accounting Services
Private Bag 92300
|What happens if you don't pay your property rates ||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/Pages/what-happens-dont-pay-rates.aspx||What happens if you don't pay your property rates ||Find out what happens if you don't pay your property rates. ||aspx|
|Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/Pages/rates-remission-postponement-policy.aspx||Rates Remission and Postponement Policy||The Rates Remission and Postponement Policy addresses financial assistance and support for ratepayers, as well as anomalies and other schemes. ||aspx|
|Remission (reduction) of property rates penalties||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/help-low-income-households-community-groups/Pages/remission-rates-penalties.aspx||Remission (reduction) of property rates penalties||Find out how we may be able to reduce your property rates penalties under specific circumstances.||aspx|
|Great Barrier Island postponement of rates payments for commercial properties||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/help-low-income-households-community-groups/request-rates-postponement/Pages/great-barrier-postponement-rates-commercial-properties.aspx||Great Barrier Island postponement of rates payments for commercial properties||How to apply for a postponement of rates payments for commercial properties on Great Barrier Island.||aspx|
|Postponement of rates payments for residential properties||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/property-rates-valuations/help-low-income-households-community-groups/request-rates-postponement/Pages/postponement-rates-for-residential-property.aspx||Postponement of rates payments for residential properties||How to request a postponement of rates payments for a residential property.||aspx|