Apply for a minor engineering approval
Ngā Tono ohiatanga mahi hanga pūkaha iti noa
Minor engineering approval application fee
Read fee table.
|Approval of engineering works (minor) and common access way||$600|
How to apply for a minor engineering approval
Only use this form for minor works, such as:
- public stormwater and/or wastewater connections within the site
- minor renewal of a public stormwater pipe to the same grade and alignment
- isolated rehabilitation of existing pipe or manhole
- raising or lowering a public manhole lid.
Send your completed application form, supporting documents and cheque payment to:
Private Bag 92300
Bring your completed application form and supporting documents to a service centre
nearest to the address of your project, and pay by:
- MasterCard or Visa (a convenience fee of 1.75 per cent of your payment amount applies).
What happens next
We process the engineering plan approvals within 20 working days unless additional information is required.
We will let you know the decision by email and post.
Phases in the engineering approval process
- Assessment and approval of proposal
- Construction and inspection
- As-built documentation review and completion, and transferring ownership of an asset (like infrastructure).
At the end of the process, you may need to pay the maintenance bond.