What common access approval is for
This approval process is for the physical construction of common access ways and driveways servicing multiple lots.
These may be in the form of:
- rights of way
- jointly-owned access lots
- common areas.
Design and construction considerations
- Sub-base, sub-grade and basecourse materials and strength.
- Surface strength, thickness and weather resistance.
- Frictional performance (in cases of steep sites).
- Carriageway widths and gradients.
- Alignment within subdivision easements and boundaries.
- Manoeuvring / tracking for required vehicle movements.
- User safety.
- Natural hazards.
- Effectiveness of drainage.
- Appropriateness of retaining structures.
- Suitability of construction details within the dripline of trees.
- Preservation of natural surface water flows.
- Vertical clearance.