Skip to main content
COVID-19 Orange setting

For information about our services and facilities restrictions during the protection framework settings, see the COVID-19 section

For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit

3. What you need to apply for food registration

Documents we need

You need to:

  • know your food registration type before you complete the relevant Scope of Operations document - see My Food Rules to find out which type of registration (Food Control Plan template, or National Programme Level 1, 2 or 3) fits your business
  • provide a completed Scope of Operations document - see Apply and pay for your food registration for the different documents
  • provide a copy of your site plan showing the physical boundaries and layout of your business for a new business
  • provide a copy of the confirmation letter from your verification agency, if we are not your verification agency.

We will return your application if it is not complete.

Multi-site businesses

If you trade from more than one place, you can register each site individually or as a multi-site business.

For businesses that operate in more than one site:

  • all sites must be based in the Auckland region
  • all sites must have the same legal owner for national programme
  • you need to complete a multi-site business details form: