Verification of food business under template food control plan and national programme
If your business is based in Auckland then you can register your template food control plan and national programme with us.
Verification of food business under template food control plan and limited national programme
You can apply for registration and verification services if you are under a template food control plan or under the following national programmes:
- Businesses that handle food, but do not prepare or manufacture food.
- Food service providers to pre-school children, including children under five.
- Retailers of chilled or frozen food (excluding ice cream, iced confectionery, and iced desserts).
- Retailers of hot beverages and foods packaged by manufacturer.
- Retailers of ice cream or iced confectionery packaged by manufacturer.
- Transporters or distributors of food products.
You need to pay your full registration fee before we can process your application. You will be invoiced for all costs associated with verification after you are verified.
For verification services for custom food control plan (food service or retail) or a national programme business not listed above see
Apply for verification services.
How much it costs
You need to pay for:
- getting checked (known as being verified) and all associated verification costs
- making changes to registration details
- renewing the registration
- enforcement work undertaken by food safety officers.
These costs may vary depending on the level of risk involved in your food business.
Not all the fees listed on the table below may apply to you and you may have to pay other charges not listed here.