Skip to main content

2. Check if you can open a business selling alcohol in your area

This can be a complicated process to research yourself. 

The best thing to do is to call us on 09 301 0101 and ask for the planning helpdesk to check if the Auckland Unitary Plan allows you to open an alcohol business in your area.

You should know

No on-licences can be issued for taverns or hotels in the Portage or Waitakere Licensing Trust areas.