Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Check if you need a food control plan or national programme

Me whai mahere whakahaere mahi kai, hōtaka whakahaere ā-motu rānei au

​You may not need a food control plan or a national programme if you are:

  • an accommodation provider providing food for up to 10 guests
  • an accommodation provider providing only snacks or breakfasts
  • a small scale catering and service provider where verification or enforcement is not possible due to infrequency or inaccessibility
  • a club, organisation or society selling food you produced, to members or guests, at events where selling food is not the main purpose of the event.

 Related topics



Apply for food registration for food registrationGuide to applying for food registration and choosing the food plan that suits your business.Guideaspx
Inspection (verification) of your food business (verification) of your food businessAll food businesses need an inspection to receive a food grade. This is referred to as verification.aspx
Running a home-based food business a home-based food businessFind out what factors you need to consider before opening a home-based food business.aspx
Taking over an existing food business over an existing food businessFind out what you need to do when you take over an existing food business.aspx
What is a food control plan? is a food control plan?Find out what a food control plan​ is.aspx
What is a national programme? is a national programme?Find out what a food national programme is.aspx