Skip to main content
Flooding and Cyclone Gabrielle
More For information on disruptions to our services and facilities see our facility closures page Learn moreFlooding and Cyclone Gabrielle

6. Renew your outdoor dining licence

If you plan to continue to have customers eating or drinking on the footpath or public space outside your cafe or restaurant using outdoor furniture, you need to renew your outdoor dining licence annually.

This is done using the existing online application service.

We will send you a renewal invitation prior to your licence expiring. If you do not receive the invitation to renew by email or post, you can still apply online.

With your application you will need to include:

  • your NZBN company number
  • a copy of your Certificate of Incorporation
  • your food licence number
  • your alcohol licence number (if you are serving alcohol)
  • a sketch of the area you wish to occupy, including any dimension measurements.
Email our team for more information.