Skip to main content
COVID-19 information For information about COVID-19, visit
For the current status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 information
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

Check if you need a consent

Tirohia mēnā me whiwhi whakaaetanga rawa koe

Step two: Find out how to check if you need a consent for your project and if you need a professional to do the work.

 Related topics



Building and renovation projects and renovation projectsBuilding and renovation project guides that can help you find out if you need a consent for your project and how to apply for one in case you have to. aspx
Ask for guidance for guidanceStep three: If you are unsure about what you need to know or do before you apply for a building or resource consent, get in touch with us. We're here to help.aspx
Start with an idea with an ideaStep one: Start with an idea. Draw a few sketches, engage a professional to help with your plans and provide advice and do your research.aspx
When you need an engineering approval you need an engineering approvalFind out what type of work might need an engineering approval and how can our development engineers help. aspx
When you will need land use resource consent you will need land use resource consentFind out when you might need a land use consent.aspx